ALL DOCUMENTS ISSUED BY THE ISSUING AUTHORITY OF THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN SHALL BE ORIGINAL OR COPIES APOSTLED AND WHERE APPLICABLE TRANSLATED INTO ONE OF THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGES OF THE REPUBLIC, WHICH TRANSLATION SHALL BE CERTIFIED AS A CORRECT TRANSLATION BY A SWORN TRANSLATOR.
- A duly completed BI-947 form online. Handwritten forms will not be accepted by Department of Home Affairs.
- A valid passport in respect of each applicant.
- In respect of dependent children accompanying the applicant or joining the applicant in the Republic, proof of parental responsibilities and rights or written consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent or legal guardian, as the case may be:
- Applicable application fee, original bank payment / Electronic Fund Transfer receipt for each applicant, where applicable.
- Appointment Letter, a passport photograph for all applicants one year of age and older. A recent, passport-type, full face photograph bearing the names of the applicants on the reverse side thereof. (Machine-type or instant photographs are not acceptable).
- Unabridged birth certificate, or extract from birth record for applicant(s).
- Biometrics in respect of any applicant over the age of sixteen years
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate if that person travelled or intends travelling from or transit through a yellow fever endemic area: Provided that the certificate shall not be required where that person travelled or intends travelling in direct transit through such area or where an application is made in the Republic.
- Police clearance certificate(s) All applicants 18 years of age and older. In respect of all countries of residence for one year or longer (only originals issued by the relevant security authority will be accepted.
- Radiological reports: Provided that the radiological report shall not be required in respect of children under the age of 12 years or pregnant woman.
- Medical Certificate as per format provided in Services section on the website. .
- A deed poll in the case of the applicant who has changed his or her name, surname or sex
- Where the application is made in the Republic, a valid visa for temporary sojourn at the time of application, in respect of each applicant.
- An undertaking by the citizen or the permanent resident to satisfy the Director-General that he or she is able and willing to assume financial, emotional, medical and physical responsibility
- Written consent of both parents in the case of minor children where only one of the parents is immigrating.
- Identity document and permanent residence permit of the spouse who is the citizen or permanent resident